Monday, March 16, 2009

James Jean








I'm an avid reader of Vinyl Pulse and last week there was a post about James Jean's Swan print for sale at Suru. I took a look at James' site and was hooked. His work is soft, beautiful and terrifying. A great combo for any artist. I'm a sucker for anything Asian influenced but it's hard not to like James' world of nymphs, dragons and other folkloric creatures. I don't know why, but I think of Neil Gaiman's world and Feric when I look at James' work.... http://www.jamesjean.com/

Ironically, only after visiting James' site did I see the Sally Jupiter illustration done for The Watchmen. There were posts about it last year but I managed to discover it only days before seeing the movie. It's in The Comedian's apartment...keep an eye out when you see The Watchmen!

2 comments: